The Hot Toddy
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
The snow is coming down in NYC which means it is the perfect time for a hot toddy! Absolutely perfect for this time of year, it goes down easy and is so soothing. Play around with the lemon and sweetener levels until you reach your ideal ratio!
Note: As a shortcut, we’re steeping the tea in the serving mug with the other ingredients, but feel free to make a separate batch of tea!
- 4 oz. bourbon whiskey (we frequently use Woodford Reserve and Bulleit)
- 1 to 1.5 oz. lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (Or sweetener of choice – honey and agave are great as well)
- 2 tea bags (we like chamomile or ginger tea, but black tea works too)
- 2 cinnamon sticks (for garnish)
- Prepare two mugs or cups. To each mug, add 1 tea bag, 2 oz. bourbon, 1 oz. lemon juice, 1 tbsp maple syrup (or other sweetener), and 1 cinnamon stick.
- Top each mug with boiling water and let sit for 3-5 minutes for the tea to steep (depending on how strong you like your tea).
- Remove the tea bag from each mug, stir and taste. Adjust by adding more lemon or sweetener to your liking.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!