Buffalo Chickpea Wraps
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 wraps 1x
Who doesn’t love Buffalo Chick….pea? ?
Here is a healthy take on the American classic that doesn’t compromise on flavor. The wraps are much healthier than traditional Buffalo Wings, but are just as hearty and delicious. They come together in under 20 minutes, making them perfect for a healthy lunch or a super easy and satisfying dinner. The combination of spicy hot sauce paired with creamy tahini and lemon creates a balance that complements the crispy chickpeas wonderfully. As always, we’re amping up the nutrition value by using fiber-rich whole wheat wraps, loading them with avocado (healthy fat), veggies, and topping them with our favorite nutrient-powerhouse: microgreens. Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp hot sauce (for this wrap, I like Frank’s)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, plus a few drops
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2–3 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced (from just under 1/2 a red onion)
- 1 ripe avocado (about 3/4 cups sliced)
- 1/3 cup microgreens (I used broccoli sprouts)
- 1/2 cup mixed greens lettuce
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add in the chickpeas and ¼ tsp salt. Sauté until chickpeas are golden brown, slightly crispy, and begin to pop, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the tahini, water, hot sauce, lemon juice, garlic powder, ¼ tsp salt, and pepper. Add in the cooked chickpeas and toss to coat.
- Assemble the wrap: place ¼ cup sliced avocado in the center of the tortilla and top with a small handful of lettuce. Squeeze a few drops of lemon juice over top, then layer with a few spoonfuls of chickpeas. Add desired amount of cucumber, red onion, and microgreens, then wrap! Enjoy immediately.